Decorate Your Tree Like a Pro
Learn how to turn your tree into a snow-stopper this year! Follow these quick tips to really “spruce” up your tree and get a lush designer-look!
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3-4 rolls of art mesh
- About 1 dozen poinsettia picks, or other decor picks
- About 1 dozen berry picks, or other decor picks
- About 1 dozen baubles/ornaments on a stick
- A tree skirt
- Tree topper, we used a bow made for ribbon in this example
- 1-2 rolls of ribbon
- When picking out elements to decorate your tree it’s helpful to have a colour scheme in mind. Choose 1-2 colours to focus on when picking out your decor. This will keep your tree looking consistent!
- After you’ve chosen your theme, have your decor ready and your tree set up, it’s time to start decorating!
- Fluff the branches and fix any holes all the way around so you have an even base to start with.
- Start by weaving, bunching and twisting art mesh into the tree, try to space this evenly around the tree.
- Next, add in your decor picks, we used poinsettia picks in this example, but any flower pick would work! Place the picks in the blank spaces around the art mesh.
- If you have a second type of pick, you can start to add those evenly to fill in the spaces around the art mesh and the first pick. We recommend a pick with a different texture, such as a berry pick, glitter pick, leaf pick to add contrast to the first pick.
- Time for some shine! Ornament and baubles on a stick will add another level of visual interest and texture to your tree. Add these into any missing spaces between the other elements.
- Next, add your tree skirt around the bottom of your tree. Get creative with the tree skirt, you can use art mesh, blankets, felt, the ideas are endless!
- Next, add ribbon throughout the tree. It’s nice to have longer pieces so they cascade nicely down the tree in any missing spots.
- Time to add the tree-topper and you’re all set! You can add a bow made from ribbon as a tree topper as we did in this example. Again the options here are endless!
- Voila! Your tree is done! Lush, full and ready to impress your guests!